"If you have to eat two frogs...DON'T eat the small one first"
The point is that if you have two things that need to be done- don't do the easy one first or the harder one may seem harder yet to do- just get it done and then the small thing is not so bad. I taught this to Cristine when we were discussing her homework. She would do the fun pages first and then drag on all week until the last night to do the not so fun pages. Now she does the hard one first to get it done and then has fun with the rest.
Today I got an e-mail from her teacher saying:
""I passed out two work sheets, one difficult, and one not. I told the kiddos they could do which ever one they wanted first. Most of the class said theywere going to do the easiest/shorter one first, and left the group. Cristine came up to me and said..."You know Mrs. Chatfield, my mom always says to eat the biggest frog first.""
GOOD JOB CRISTINE!
6 comments:
Love this!!
Great advice and so neat that she jumped on it! Love it!
That is so great, and such good advice. You are a wonderful mother and it shows in your children.
I saw this on facebook! You are such a great mom if you can have your daughter tell a teacher that!!!
How cute!!! I love that little thing... now I am going to go and clean cause that's the big frog today. UGh! It's so nice I just want to play
The day I read this is just totally brightened my day, and I have actually thought about it quite frequently as I have big projects that need done. What a great mom you are Suzanne, and I keep forgetting to post on here and tell you, so here ya go!
Post a Comment