The BP MS 150
a 180 mile bike ride going from Houston to Austin in two days. And my hubby did it!!! Oh yeah!
Early this morning, he remembered to get some pictures. There were about 13,000 riders, about 100 hills, and a lot of support stations along the way for help, drinks, food, etc.
While ty was sweating it out and sleeping on a cot, the kids and I were chillin' in Austin in our "only available" Super 8 deluxe suite! We were quite surprised. We got the only room available because everything was pretty much sold out. we got the "sweet 16 Spa suite" LOL! It has a jacuzi right in the room with two king size beds, fridge and microwave, a welcome basket of snacks, a dvd player, and more. All for the price of a regular hotel room! The joy of last minute reservations :) So the kids donned swimsuits and turned up the bubbles and watched Disney Channel to their hearts content. The next morning we headed out in search of Ty. He called the night before saying he wasn't sure he could make it. He felt pretty good except for his knees. something was off with his pedals making a slight difference that for a short ride, may not be a big deal, but for 100 miles.. it sure does!. He still made it an extra 35 miles in the morning, but we rescued him in the city of Bastrop with swollen knees. I am amazed he rode 135 miles! WoW!
Isn't she the cutest little fish ever?! Brooklyn had her first grade program at school called "Go Fish!" I got these pictures just before the show. during the show we couldn't see her at all. There were way too many tall heads in front of me. Why do they always out the shortest kids in the front row? wouldn't it make sense to put the short kids on the tall bleachers so they can be seen, and the tall kids on the bottom where they can still be seen? Instead the tall kids get taller and the short kids get shorter. Ty got the best seat in the house, standing up on the side, right in front of Brooklyn's class. He came in late because of traffic and snuck in on the side getting the best of the show. He said Brooklyn sang her little heart out! SHe truly does love to sing and sings often. Today she had a song in her head she couldn't remember the name to and said out loud "What is stuck in my head" and Tanner cried out "I know! It's your brain!".
I saw this on another friends blog (THanks Annie) and now it is the girls favorite hair do. Can you see the heart?
One of my goals this year was to learn how to decorate REAL cupcakes. Tanner can't be left out! SoI learned how to make these cute little blossoms on top of mini cupcakes. I have been working on making stars so I can decorate Tanners birthday cake this week. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
YAHHH TYSON!! I was thinking about him this weekend. Holy cow, 135 miles is so amazing! I LOVE Miss Brooklyn and those cupcakes are awesome!
Post a Comment