I love Valentines day! When I was little, every valentines day we all waited anxiously for the doorbell to ring..when it did we all ran to the door only to find no one there- but on the ground there was always a bag of surprises- then magicly a few minutes later grandma and grandpa would arrive to party with us. And we would get a special gift from Dad- my most memorable one was a small hymn book I could fit in my scripture bag. I loved going to school and passing out all the valentines to everybody. When we got home we always gagged or giggled at the cards from the boys and thought "does he really like me!?" of course you always had to check what you handed to the boys too - you had to be sure you weren't giving the wrong message..
Now I get to help Cristine decide on what Valentines to give and got to go to her school party today and help pass them out! Now days they don't "pre-adress" them - so the kids walk around and carefully ready each card before dropping it into the box. although I am not big on decorating my house- I do like to leave small love notes around and tell my family "I love you" and give lots of extra hugs and kisses. Someday my kids will be big enough to decorate the house with pink and red heart all by themselves, and make homemade valentines to send to everyone. But for now - HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE- I LOVE YOU!
1 comment:
Valentine's Day is fun. It was fun to do Valentine's with my son this year. I loved doing them when I was little.
I really like your idea of the little love notes around the house. I may have to steal that. :)
Post a Comment