Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I have an Etsy!

Shop that is...Etsy is an online store that works similar to e-bay, but you can only sell handmade and vintage items. What I really want to do is finish my cookbook- but since it takes money to make money I am selling these super cute paper boxes that look like slices of cake to hopefully save enough to work on my cookbook! WOW - What a process! Aren't they cute! My girls have been in heaven playing with all of my "Practice" ones ;) There is a basic template you can get off the internet, but it opens on the back (I made these for Brooklyn's birthday) But I got frustrated with the design because they weren't as strong , I couldn't fit them in a nice circle, and things kept falling out of the back of the box- so Ty worked with me on the math (My smart hubby!) and I know have a box that opens on the top- comes in three different sizes and will fit nicely in a cute circle!
These are my "smooches" they are soo Cute! I wanted them to be similar to Hershey Kisses.









I know have links on the righ tof my blog that will go to both my new blog- where you can see more information about my cake slices and my shop where they can actually be purchased!

4 comments:

Brian and Tonya said...

Those are so cute. Good job.

Anna said...

Those are really unique! Can you put stuff inside? They'd be great party favors for weddings if you could. ... I'm pretty sure I read that you can but just .. double checking

Suzanne Earl said...

yep! for brooklyn's birthday we filled them with necklaces, bracelts, rings, lip gloss and smarties! the best part is that they still have the boxes and fill them with their treasures!

Jo said...

Too Cute! What a great creative idea. What a good idea for birthday parties, tea parties, wedding and baby showers, and whatever else. Good luck, I wish I had some creative juices. I would love to try to make and sell something but I just don't know what and my creativity stinks right along with my craftiness.

Followers