Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Christmas!....almost

From Texas!
See the green grass on the ground?  HAHA! Mostly the days have been really cold here in the high 50's and low 60's, although we hit 80 earlier this week. I have become really wimpy and enjoy the seat heater in my car in the mornings.  But we still enjoy most of our time outdoors this time of year before the summer heat shuts us in again.
 What's been happening in the last few months since I posted?? WE took Grandma and Grandpa Westover to Sea World! Shamu thought Grandpa looked silly and splashed a lot of water on him.  WE got my test results back. It turns out I have a blood clotting disorder called "Anti-Phospholipid" (An Auto immune disease) . Right now I take two aspirin a day and they are trying to decide if I still need a stronger blood thinner or not. That's a whole other story.  THis is different from Dad's FactorV Leiden.  I was getting very frustrated as to where all these diseases in my family are coming from.  It turns out it is NOT the disease itself that is genetic.  But the bodies tendency to fight against itself in some form and turn into an autoimmune disease IS genetic.  So take the girls with severe allergies mixed in a pot with a tendency to fight itself = Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis.  Or me with a family tendency to have blood clot = Anti Phospholipid.  It's what I have to go off of for now.
Tanner Lost his very first tooth!!! My big boy is growing up even more.  We are very excited for christmas! Tanner and Brooklyn are in the FULL Santa mode.  Cristine is desperatly trying to belive what she also suspects.  She has been making plans to prove that Santa is real (or not). And, of course they are all ears listening for any clue as to what might be under the tree christmas morning.  I love hearing them sing christmas songs anywhere in the house and do nice things for eachother without being asked. Tanner has been especially nice to his sisters, even sharing all his christmas prizes from school.  I think he is hoping Santa will also be extra nice and bring him  a puppy or a real spaceship even though he asked for a fish. But a fish will have to do a Santa killed fish # 1, and is trying to keep replacement fish #2 alive before christmas morning locked away in hiding.
Brooklyn turned 7 on the 7th.  She really wanted a cooking party, but since "food" isn't allowed, we made soap bars with her friends instead. We hope y'all will make it here for a warmer christmas next year so you can be here when Brooklyn gets baptized! Put it on your Calendars!!  Winter is the perfect time to visit :)
We miss everyone - especially during the Holidays and we think of y'all often!
Merry Christmas From TEXAS!!!!!

2 comments:

Spring said...

Love love you guys! Your lights look flippin sweet.

The Squirrel Family said...

We're thinking we might take you up on the offer to spend next Christmas down south- but if we do, my kiddos will confirm Cristine's fears about Santa. Maybe we'll come right after Christmas? We will see. Hope you're all doing well!

Michelle and Rusty

Followers