Saturday, October 8, 2011

Moments

Can you tell I have some time on my hands?? this is my third "Post" this week :) I need to get a big puzzle or some new books to read .  I do good standing or walking for about 5-10 minutes, after that I can feel sharp shooting pains in my shin bones and my muscles ache in my legs.  Thus, I am learning to listen to obey the doctors instructions.  Yesterday I had a nap and dreamed a very large lady was crowding me back against a wall.  I couldn't get her attention and she started to squoosh me.  Then I woke up and realized I was sleeping on my broken rib. ouch! Now I use a pillow to keep me on my good side. 

Thursday evening we got our rental car.  We had a sweet girl come pick us up in the vehicle and then drive us to the car rental place to fill out the paper work.  She loved my kids, so I immediatly liked her too. I am kind of biased that way as I think my kids are wonderful also.  I asked her where she was from.. she said from "Cajun Louisanna!" and procceded to tell me where to get the BEST fried oyster Po Boy sandwiches and fried alligator and frog legs "Mmmmm" she said. I thought "Hmmmm?"
Then she asked where I was from and I said Utah! She asked...  "Is is true Utah is full of Mormons?"  I explained about how the Church was forced to move , and they traveled to Utah and settled there , so although there a lot of members in Utah, there are members everywhere.   She said..  "Wow, I guess your right! I was giving a ride to a lady from New York . I asked her if she had found a church yet. and she said she had found both the church and temple. Then she told me she was a Mormon and just needed to look up where to go, what is a temple anyway.. is it llike the jewish ones?" 
This was the first time a non member has asked me questions about the gospel, without being critical or rude.. it was exciting! 
I explained how, in our Temples, those who have the right authority, perform our marriages so a husband and wife can be married for time and all eternity.  I told her about looking in the mirrrors and how you can see forever in either direction. and because we love our families we want to share these same blessings with those who have passed away already so we also perform those ceremonies, by proxy, for our ancestors.  SO for example, if your grandma and grandpa have passed away - you can be sure they are sealed together for all eternity.  She was facinated and said "That is the most romantic and wonderful thing I have ever heard!"
She is right! Later she asked if my husband was worried about me when he heard about the accident.  Isaid "Yes! He came right away and got there before the police did!" She said "That's right! because He is Your Forever!"
Yes- Tyson is my "Forever" and I am so Thankful  to my Heavenly Father for putting us together for Time and All Eternity.  I am thankful for the blessings of the Temple. I am also grateful for the conference talks that helped give me the confidence to talk about the gospel to a stranger with questions, and that I felt prompted to know what to say.  It was my first real missionary moment.  It was exciting! It was another blessing I am counting because of the acccident. 

kjk

1 comment:

Spring said...

awww . . . that is the best story. What a sweet girl. "because he is your forever." Best thing I've heard all week. :) Love you guys!

Followers