Saturday, August 20, 2011

The last day...

Every good thing must have an end at some point so that some new good things can come your way too.  Today is our last day with our Chaunster. WE have had a LOT of fun with him this last few months! okay.. who's coming next to stay?

We took chaun to the Cheesecake factory for lunch.  Tanner was extremely well behaved as chaun had shared his i-pod so tanner could play games while we waited for our food.  It's also our second to last day of summer vacation.. school starts on monday morning.  WE met our teachers on Friday and Tanner has a nice seat right next to the bins filled with all kind of toys, only a few inches away.  Kindergarten is all day long, everyday here in TX. So this will be the first time in 9 years I will have my house to myself.  I think it will be very very quiet. too quiet. I will also get more cleaning and cooking done.  One of my favorite poems says
" Children grow up while we're not looking
There will be years ahead for cleaning and cooking
so cobwebs be quiet and dust go to sleep
my baby is sleeping, and babies don't keep"
although my kiddos are hardly ever sleeping, I am very glad for all the time I DO get to spend with them - not getting other things done. I guess now I will have time to sweep the cobwebs and work on my projects :)

 Brooklyn has been trialing rice! and doing very well so far (2 weeks) It was so fun today to be able to have her eat with us at the restaurant!!!!  She has been wearing her backpack (feeding tube) all day long for the last week and loving it.. she doesn't have to choose whether to eat the rice (which she wants) or drink her formula (which she needs) this way she does both, and as long as she is chewing and swallowing "something" it doesn't need to be her yucky drink.  We are sure praying hard that rice stays good for her!

This is what goes on when Chaun babysits... HAHA!

No comments:

Followers