Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kids at the store

I found that when I do Couponing I have to shop at a lot of different stores- which means I get to get my kids in and out of the store and car a lot too, and thus they get quite restless. Now you might be wondering why I take my kids instead of doing it night right?...because I cherish my time with my hubby! and shopping takes FOREVER, granted I do this once in a while to get a break, but not often. but my last trip to CVS may change my mind ;)
Tanner LOVES to go shopping because there is so much mischief to get into- it is his little boy paradise. So I have to keep in strapped in the seat. Tuesday I went to get a few things at CVS and as soon as I open the car door- he notices a bandaid is starting to come off-and he starts to scream- not just a whine- but SCREAM- (he really hates bandaids coming off) So it looks like I MUST be beating my child in the car. I try to fix his bandaid- but it just won't stick and opt for just taking it all off instead...this was a BAD idea...because then he started to scream "mommy don't hurt me!" now I am getting "looks" from passersby. I think next time I won't park so close to the front doors.
I carry tanner inside (because I don't trust him not to run in front of a car in the parking lot.) as soon as his feet touch the floor- he takes off (I do try to leave him in a cart- but CVS has very tiny ones= he gets stuck) He starts pulling stuff off the shelves, handing them to me and saying "your welcome" yes- it is really cute- but I don't need 6 cigarette lighters thank you. SO I ask him to out them back which results in the puppy dog eyes, pouty lip and tears (he is VERY VERY good at this) so I appologize and help him hang them back up, of course one at a time so they look perfect. Then we head to get the benadryl- I look behind me and don't see tanner- I call "tanner - where are you?" and he comes flying around the isle screaming "mommy don't leave me!" (he had gone back to fix the lighters, I guess I didn't put one on right) again...I get the "look" from others nearby.
AS we head up to the counter - Iask my kids to please wait patiently. So Tanner climbs into one of the circular bins filled with toothbrushes. I get him out- he climbs in again- I get him out- and he pulls off the plastic card that diplays the sale price- takes the paper out and tears it. I apologize to the cashier as I hand him the "pieces"- I am trying really hard not to get too upset because I am afraid someone will call child services on me by now. I beg tanner to please please sit nicely.
at this point I need to point out that CVS has one LONG counter where you can check out at maybe 4-5 different spots ..and underneath this counter is one giant line of CANDY- yes- every type you can think of - it is there. So tanner starts to pull all the candy out and rearrange where they belong. again I stop him and beg him to please sit nicely ( halfway between the candy and the toothbrush display) LOW and BEHOLD he listens! he is quiet and still. I finish my transaction to find that yet once again "quiet" is not always good. He had salvaged a cadbury egg from somewhere. and was chomping down...sitting in a large pile of very tiny tin foil wrapping pieces and his face and hands covered in chocolate. Now I just started to giggle- It was to the point it was just funny now..and he did look quite cute and mischevious.
Next time I will risk getting him stuck in the tiny carts at CVS ;) Have any of you ever had such an experience..I know you have- no one is perfect..so share!

For the record- I got
2 - 12 oz Bottles of Complete Contact solution
1 small bottle of Blink Tears eye drops
1 Childrens Benadryl
1 Childrens Benadryl Spoons (pre measured doses)
4 small first Aid kits
and 1 caburry egg
for...$8.00
and still left with 8.00 in Extra Care Bucks (store dollars)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You are a brave soul. This is why Jeremy and i take turns going to the store, and I really only shop at one or two stores a week. I do not enjoy shopping, so Jeremy is a saint and offers to go on Saturday's if I make the list.

Spring said...

I just read all your posts. They were great. Sorry we have been so far behind on checking up on everyone. This Sunday was our horrid day. Sean was gone and I had go take the kids out of church twice and then bring them all to the microphone when I gave the closing prayer. It went on like this for 3 hours. So humiliating. I like your story better. Hope you guys are doing great, Love tons.

Followers