Hey one and All!
Yesterday We went up to Huntsville Sate Park to go hiking. Here is a small video of our adventure- fun things: Brooklyn looked at the roots in the ground and got very excited - she said "Wow Dinosaur bones"
- I said- "Those are roots sticking out of the ground from these great big trees- isn't that cool?"
- she said- "No- they are dinosaur bones- I can tell- and they look REALLY old too!"
whe you go hiking in texas- it is 100 degrees in the shade- the kids faces got red and very sweaty fast so we didn't go far - we got them an icee before we went and that made them nice and sticky for all the dirt ;)- we did wash off their faces- but cherry dye sticks good. There were all kinds of big palms and ferns and even wild fuschia flowers- how cool! There was a small platform with a paper taped to it with emergency numbers- we wondered what kind of animal would be chasing you to use it- maybe a pig? or an alligator? it wasn't very high or strong- mostly just big enough to get off the ground. WE thought about camping for the night and decided to try instead in november or december when it cools off ;) Tanner had a blast chasing Ty on his bike and just falling in the dirt on purpose. Cristine was in awe of nature and even took a moment to say a prayer all by herself "just like Joseph Smith" (she said) So we gave her some space- and when she came back I asked her what she prayed about and she said" I wanted to say thankyou to my heavenly Father for all nature he has given us" She has such a sweet spirit- I told her I need to learn to be more like her.
2 comments:
What a fun hike.
Cristine sure has a knack for bringing grampa & gramma to tears.
SPECIAL!
Cute pictures! I am impressed you went hiking, its way way too hot for that. I do want to try hiking the Lone Star Trail.
I hope Ty gets to take his bike somewhere where the altitude will come in handy... cause right now I think we're just at 72 feet....
Post a Comment