Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How do I love Thee...

Let me count the ways.  That has been my theme for Valentines this year. I am slowly building up a collection of holiday decorations. I love to craft and create, but believe it or not I do not like to decorate. I have a hard time making my counters look like the picture I imagine in my head. But this mailbox is one super cute I idea I can be proud of :) Isn't it cute? We have been putting little valentines and love notes to each other in it. I think I will fix the bow though. My next Valentines project it to make a Valentines countdown board that says "How do I love Thee, let me count the ways" then will have different hearts counting down from 14 to 1. On the back of the hearts will be scriptures and quotes about love. One will be turned over each day! I really do keep busy, I promise not all my time is spend on projects, but they are really fun to talk about. 


A few weeks ago when the weather was nice, Ty took the kids paddleboarding. They were kind of scared   ( from the phrase "Don't move an inch! The water is cold!") but that made it extra fun. I think Tanner was trying to fall in and swim though. He wore his swimsuit "just in case".  He is still just as much a character as ever. We always see his primary teachers in the hall and they just laugh and say "Tanner is so funny in class!" He recently got some cowboy boots. As soon as he got them he went and put on his cowboy hat and a cowboy shirt, and ran outside to check out his reflection in the windows. When he heard us girls giggling inside, he looked at us.. posed .. and wiggled his eyebrows at us and then winked. What a charmer!!! 





                                                         
                                                          Do you like the rosettes? Cristine is as always such a sweet girl! Lately we have been letting her watch the kids while we go for a 15 min bike ride around the block. She likes to text us every few minutes to tell us the kids are doing fine. Little by little she is growing into quite a young lady. The time when we can leave her for longer amounts of time is so close we can taste it. And she is loving the extra allowance she gets. She is also becoming quite "romantic". She wants to watch romantic movies and read romantic books. Valentines day is right up her alley right now. I keep hoping the phase won't last too long.


 Brooklyn sewed her very first quilt on her own sewing machine! It was just the right size for her american girl doll. I am so proud of her!! She was so careful with the stitching to make sure everything was straight.
 Pretend this picture is rotated to the left! HAHA! This is Brooklyn tying her quilt. We set it up on a mini frame.  She is pretty determined to make something very fancy soon and keeps asking when we can go to the fabric store.

Tysons job has changed a bit too! The company he works for was bought out by a bigger company. So now he works for Ryan Directional which is part of Nabors. So our Insurance is better, the Pay is better and he got a promotion.  Great Job Ty! We are also very thankful the Lord is always mindful of our family and continues to pour in the blessings. 
Happy Valentines Day to you all!!!!!!



1 comment:

branches 'n' twigs said...

LOVE the little snapshot into your lives. Thanks so much for the stories and pictures. You're the cutest family!

Followers