Summer did a very convincing disappearing act- I have evidence it existed, but can't seem to comprehend how the time went by so quickly. WE had Grandma and Grandpa Westover come for a visit! It was soo fun to take them places, and I hope they had fun too- although Grandpa said it was very sweaty. We went paddle boating on the lake
(and Grandpa tried to feed his hands to the alligators!) went to 7 acre woods for Cristines birthday where we doped her up on benadryl and she got to go on pony ride. Grandma spoiled the kids with presents (that's what Grandma's are for!) and Grandpa took us all out to eat at a fancy restaurant after Cristines Baptism.
The highlight of the summer of course was seeing Cristine choose to be baptised. I am so proud of my sweet little- I mean big- girl. I can hardly believe she is 8! School started this week and both the girls were ready. Cristine is in 2nd Grade and Brooklyn is in Kindergarten. I have been soo nervous about sending Brooklyn to school with not only her allergies, but her Eosinophilic Disease as well. We have been praying her teacher would be very patient and understanding. On Back to School night we met her teacher who said "My oldest daughter had a severe peanut allergy, and my youngest daughter, Chloe, has Eosinophilis Esophogitis" It brought me to tears! The Lord has been truly mindeful of our needs and feelings- AND her daughter Chloe is in Cristine's 2nd grade class. WOW!
In the Friend Magazine this month there is a story about a family who was having a hard time financially so they were selling donuts, one day they ran out of yeast and didn't have a penny to buy more, so they prayed and the dad walked in carrying a sample packet of yeast that been sent to them in the mail. The daughter said " But they sent that long before we prayed for it" and the Mom took the opportunity to teach her how the Lord is mindeful of our needs even before we ask. I read that to the girls and Brooklyn said " That is like my Teacher, for me!" Yes it is- the Lord knew our needs even before we did. Brooklyn's teacher told her "God sent you to me this year" and I truly belive he did.
I decided to walk to pick up the girls from school this year, which for the most part should be really nice, but right now it is still in the high 90's with a heat "index" (opposite of wind chill) of over 100. It has been HOT! WOW! But, we are sticking with it! In case anyone doesn't know- I hae been planning a family reunion for both sides of our families next summer, I hope you are ALL excited!
Enjoy the Pictures!
1 comment:
Wow! That's awesome! It is nice to get answers to prayers and blessings! You all deserve all you can get for all you've went through with all the allergies and things. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods! We still miss you guys and would love to have you back as neighbors anytime! Glad you are happy in Texas but sad you aren't here.
Post a Comment